NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
- This policy covers how the Northwest chapter of the American Hydrogen Association treats personal information which the AHANW collects and receives through its online offerings (both the website and other internet based offerings), including information related to your past use of the AHA's products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the AHA does not own or control, or to people that the AHA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- The AHANW collects personal information when you register with many of their online services. The AHANW may at times combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with any of the AHANWs’ online offerings and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The AHANW automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) you request.
- The AHANW uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and at times provide anonymous reporting.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The AHANW does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services which you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Cookies are for use only within the confines of the AHANW's website with the exception of the cases listed above.
Your Ability to Change and Remove Your Account and Personal Information with the AHANW.
- You can change your Account Information, at any time by contacting the AHANWs' administrative staff.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the AHANW and the services they have, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the AHANW Newsletter, that are considered part of your AHANW account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can have your account removed by contacting the AHANWs’ administrative staff. Please note than records may be maintained for however long the AHANW deems neccisary.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to our employees and those who work with us who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Account Information is password-protected, and in many cases encrypted to ensure that it remains.
- The AHANW reserves the right to change this policy at any time with or without notice. If there are changes to the policy it will be made available on the AHANW’s website.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at: